Thursday 29 April 2010

2. How does your media product represent particular social groups?

I designed my website to help people stop taking drugs so they people I am representing are young people who take drugs. I am aiming to represent them as a group of people sharing the same problem and I am also representing the issue in a certain way. Like I wrote in the last answer, Talk to Frank makes it all look like a game but I wanted it to look serious and so I have chosen to represent drug taking as having consequences and through the use of the photos I have represented some of the consequences like the loneliness and the health issues.

All the pictures that have been added to my website are to do with drugs, I took them myself using things that look like real drugs but really they're fake. There are pictures of a woman that has used drugs and the photos aim to show that she has no idea where she is or what she is doing. Even though I know representing the group in this way is not conventional I wanted to do it in this way. I did also include more positive representations of this group with the photos showing how their lives have changed with the help of the campaign.

No comments:

Post a Comment